Sunday 11 June 2017

BEST MEDICAL NEWS




To place advert on this Blog call Dr Akpos 08057197780 and 08033950363 http://akpobomebiakolo.blogspot.com.ng/ AKPOS INTERNATIONAL BLOG Dr Akpos BSc MBBS PET Cert. WhatsApp 08033950363 https://www.linkedin.com/in/ biakoloakpobome Email: biakoloakpobome@gmail.com BBM PIN:593E7C4C
















HOW MEDICAL DOCTORS COULD BE HEARTLESS TOWARDS MEDICAL DOCTORS

Posted By: The Health Piloton: June 12, 2017In: Columnist, HealthNo Comments

 Print Email

Dear Editor,

Please I want this injustice to be known to the general public.Thanks

After graduating as the best graduating student in the Department of Physiology in University of Ibadan in 2006, I won the Exemplary Corp Member Award during my National Youth Service in Ebonyi State. Then I graduated from the University of Benin with Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery in 2014. Subsequently, I won the most punctual House Officer award in Department of Surgery, Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State during my Housemanship in 2015.

I am always punctual, neat and pay attention to relevant details. Also I am respectful and teachable and get along well with colleagues and my seniors in the profession.



I thought life was so rosy as a Medical Doctor but I have been proven totally wrong. I was promised by Some Senior Colleagues to get a job after my horsemanship however story changed immediately I finished my housemanship. I did not get that Job I was promised. At this point I no longer had any source of income I had to pay for my permanent licence which depleted my Savings further. I also enrolled for Primary in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Examination. At a point my Savings became depleted and I had to depend on my Mother who was ever willing to help me.

I finally got a job that was in keeping with the saying that if the desirable is not available, the available becomes the desirable. The Job did not prevent me from depending on my Mother for Financial assistance. In the year I finished housemanship in 2016 my Mother gave me about Six hundred thousand Naira. I thought I was suffering but little did I know that some people where planning evil against me.

I had the idea of going into business so I decided to take a bank loan so I went to make enquiries in Ecobank Sani Abacha road Yenagoa ,Bayelsa State. I was delayed unnecessarily in the bank. After making the enquiries, when I got out of the bank the back glass of my car was broken and my bag was stolen with all the documents and most of the money I had as at that time. The bank Security men were acting as if nothing had just happened and one would wonder how a car could be robbed in front of a bank without the bank Security knowing or doing anything.

I reported the matter to the Police A Division Yenagoa,Bayelsa State. As usual nothing was done and the culprits were not brought to book. I thought that was the end.  I promised never to go to that branch of Ecobank again. Little did I know that an evil eye was still watching me.

Thereafter, I started working in a private hospital, Saint Peter’s Hospital Amarata, Yenagoa Bayelsa State. The salary was always owed and much smaller than what I earned for my housemanship. I thought that was a pointer to the fact that I was not wealthy.  Little did I know that people could be so heartless? On the 1st August, 2016 armed robbery came to the hospital where I was the residing and robbed me of my Laptop and all my three phones with the little money I had in my wallet (which was about two thousand Naira) . This happened at about 4 am that very day. No single Medical Doctor came to show concern despite the fact that Six Medical Doctors were working in the hospital. I left the hospital at 4 pm.

I drove straight with my Car to my Sister’s Place.  Though it was a long journey but it was necessary for my Safety.  When I retrieved my line my sister said I must call the owner of the hospital where I worked before the armed robbery attack. I told her that Dr Singabele the Owner of the hospital was wicked that there was no need for me to call him that he never cared about me.  She still insisted. I called him right in front of her. The phone was on speaker.  He refused to pick my call.  So I used an unknown number and he picked, I introduced myself as Dr Biakolo Akpobome and was about telling him what I passed through but he retorted ‘ SHUT UP’.  I immediately hung up and it became clearer to my sister the nature of senior colleague I worked for. That was the last time I heard from Dr Singabele. I cursed all those behind my travail and those who added insult to my injury. This is my true life Story of how medical doctors could be heartless towards fellow Medical Doctor’s. It’s going to one Year now the Wicked Medical Director did not pay me the two months salary.

Dr Biakolo Akpobome, BSc,MBBS, PET Cert.

Medical Doctor;Medical Physiologist;Medical Peer Educator Trainer;CEO AKPOS INTERNATIONAL BLOG

Dr Akpos 08057197780 and 08033950363

http://akpobomebiakolo.blogspot.com.ng/

WhatsApp 08033950363 ,https://www.linkedin.com/in/

Meanwhile,on receipt of this article,we sought for the direct phone number (08069554850) of the owner of the hospice and we sent an SMS to the owner of the hospital at exactly 0216 hours on Wednesday,07/06/17 ,requesting his own side of the story .We informed him that if we failed to get his response on or before 2359 hours on Friday 09/06/17 that we would publish the story as requested by the petitioner. Regrettably as at 0500 hours on Monday 12/06/17 neither the owner of the hospital nor his management team had given us their own version of the story hence this publication.

      For more information; advert placements; submission of articles,   et cetera:
E-mail us via  thehealthpilot@gmail.com
Like  our Facebook  page on web.facebook.com/healthpilotng
Whatsapp: 08083658038
Telegram: 08155102623
Call 08097138830, 08155102623

No comments:

Post a Comment